To register your keys only, please submit your information online here.
Terms & Conditions
OnGuard Bicycle & Motor sport Lock Lifetime Warranty, Key Registration & Limited Anti-Theft Offer (on specific models only – see below) USA Only – all others contact your local distributor
Terms & Conditions
Please review the limited warranty terms listed, then download and mail the form below with required documents only if you chose to accept the terms of the offer for the Limited Anti-Theft Protection Offer.
1. Full Lifetime Warranty.
Todson, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser that the OnGuard lock purchased shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for the life of the original purchaser with a copy of the original receipt. If this product contains a defect in materials or workmanship, we will replace it at no charge or the dealer may replace it for you depending on the dealer’s individual policy. Simply contact Todson Customer Support (800-213-4561 ext. 4 from 9-5PM EST or through www.onguardlock.com/customer-service) and your replacement request will be handled promptly. OTHER THAN AS DESCRIBED BELOW, TODSON, INC. IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. There are no warranties that extend beyond the description on the face hereof. This Lifetime Warranty is available only to residents of the United States of America – purchasers of locks residing outside the USA must contact your international distributor to determine if any warranty is available to you. *International Customer Service*.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you. This program gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state. It is your responsibility to ensure your individual legal rights in your state.
2. Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer (only for models listed Section 4 below).
If you chose to participate in the Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer and if you qualify for the terms of this program and if your vehicle is stolen because your OnGuard lock was broken or opened by force, Todson, Inc. will pay you the base value of your vehicle up to the maximum amount applicable for the specific lock model (view your lock model on www.onguardlock.com to see the maximum value), subject to the limitations and conditions that follow.
3. Not an Insurance Policy.
This Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer is not to be construed as insurance. Purchasers of OnGuard locks are encouraged to obtain appropriate insurance coverage from the insurance company of their choosing.
4. Purchases and Uses Qualifying for the Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer.
This Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer applies only for use of OnGuard locks to properly secure bicycles and motor sport vehicles, hereafter simply as “vehicles”. For purposes of this Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer, “power sport vehicles” are intended to mean and be limited only to motorcycles, scooters, watercraft, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, and ATVs. Only one vehicle may be registered per lock. If you need to change the model of bicycle, please contact customer service (800-213-4561 ext. 4 from 9-5PM EST or through www.onguardlock.com/customer-service) to update your Anti-Theft registration.
Only the following model locks are covered for their approved vehicle(s) and uses under the anti-theft program:
5000, 5001, 5002, 5003, 5004, 5005, 5006, 5006M, 5007, 5008, 5009, 5009LM, 5010, 5010LM, 5010C, 5011, 5012, 5012C, 5013, 5013TC, 5013TC7, 5014, 5014TC,5015, 5015TC, 5016, 5016L, 5017, 5017HD, 5017LPT, 5017HPT,5018, 5018HD, 5019, 5019L, 5019LP, 5019LPS, 5020, 5021, 5046, 5047,5048, 5048C, 5049, 5050, 5100, 5108, 5109, 5112, 8000, 8001, 8002, 8003, 8005, 8006, 8006M, 8007, 8008, 8009, 8010, 8010C, 8010LM, 8011, 8012, 8012C, 8013, 8013M, 8014, 8015, 8015M, 8016, 8016L, 8017, 8017LPT, 8018, [8018L - must be used in conjunction with 8101 or 8046], 8019, 8019L, 8019LP, 8020, 8021, 8046, 8047, 8048, 8048C, 8112.
5. Your Choice to Participate in Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer.
If you have purchased a qualifying lock for use with a vehicle set forth in Section 5 above, you may participate in the Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer if you elect to do so. If you chose not to participate, where applicable, your originally purchased lock will still be covered by the warranty in Section 1 above. The Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer, if accepted, applies only to the original purchaser of a qualifying lock for a period of one (1), but no more than three (3), years from the purchase of your qualifying OnGuard lock as shown on your original sales receipt.
6. Valid Only in United States, Void in the state of New York.
This Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer is available only to residents of the United States of America, is valid only when your vehicle(s) is in-use in the United States, but is void in the STATE of New York. Purchasers of locks residing outside the USA must contact your local distributor to determine if another offer is available to you.
7. Registration of your Lock is Required within 15 Days of Purchase.
If you wish to participate in the Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer, you MUST register your qualifying OnGuard lock within fifteen (15) days of your purchase of the lock. Registration requires that you provide Todson, Inc., with a copy of the sales receipt of your motorsport vehicle/bicycle or, if your sales receipt is not available, a signed and dated appraisal of your motorsport vehicle/bicycle by a reputable authorized dealer on that dealer’s business stationery, along with a receipt clearly showing that you have purchased a qualifying OnGuard model number. The Limited Anti-Theft Program does not cover any cables or cutting of cables that accompany U-locks.
To complete the registration process, completely filling out the OnGuard Lock Registration Form, and mailing it, together with all the items required by the registration to:
Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer
4 Cocasset Street
Foxborough, MA 02035
8. Determine Level of Participation - One to Three years.
If you choose to participate, you may select to purchase one (1) year of participation under the Limited Anti-Theft Program for $1.00 (USD); two (2) years for $10.00 (USD); or, (3) years for $15.00 (USD). To participate in the Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer for the period you wish, enclose a check (USD) made payable to “Todson, Inc.” together with the completed OnGuard Lock Registration Form and the items required with the registration as set forth above in Section 8.
9. Conditions of Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer.
The Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer offers you the option, for a fee, of additional, limited protection in circumstances only where your vehicle is stolen because the lock was broken or opened by force and not from any force to the vehicle or the post or other anchored object to which the lock was secured. Todson, Inc. is liable to remedy claims only where all requirements are met. THis Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer applies only if you satisfy ALL requirementS and Do So within the time periods set forth herein.
10. Limitations of Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer.
Todson, Inc. will NOT be liable if ANY one or more of the following occurred with the theft of your vehicle:
- the vehicle was not properly locked to a solidly anchored immovable post or object;
- the object to which the vehicle was locked was dismantled or cut;
- the frame of the vehicle was cut;
- OnGuard lock was not broken or opened by forceful means; or,
- torches, battery operated tools, or any power tools, including hydraulic tools, were used to open or cut the lock.
1. Determination of Liability under Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer.
Todson, Inc.’s liability under this Limited Anti-Theft Program shall be determined by the following formula: A – B = C, where:
A = the base purchase price of the stolen vehicle including manufacturer’s original equipment and excluding separately purchased accessories and taxes or the maximum applicable program amount whichever is less, and
B = the amount of all insurance proceeds (homeowner’s, vehicle or otherwise) paid to purchaser as a result of the theft, and
C = Todson Inc.’s maximum liability, which is further limited to maximum amount applicable as identified on the package of your lock (see www.onguardlock.com to see the specific lock protection level.)
12. Exclusions from the Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer.
This Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer does not cover:
- vehicles used commercially (rental, delivery bikes, etc.);
- damages to a vehicle in connection with attempted theft; or,
- thefts occurring outside the United States of America, its territories and possessions.
13. Maximum Payment Amount under Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer.
The maximum amount to be paid to any owner depends on the lock model and its usage, regardless of the number of vehicle(s) belonging to such owner (click here for that amount).
14. Filing a Claim under the Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer.
Upon the theft of a vehicle under subject to the terms and conditions of the Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer, you must do all of the following steps or your claim will be denied.
1) Report the theft to the police within 72 hours. FAILURE TO REPORT THE THEFT TO POLICE WITHIN 72 HOURS OF DISCOVERY VOIDS THIS LIMITED ANTI- THEFT PROGRAM.
2) Notify Todson, Inc. in writing within seven (7) days of the theft by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address above in Section 7 and include all of the following:
(a) a copy of the police report indicating that you reported the theft within 72 hours of discovery;
(b) a copy of the claim filed with your insurance company, if applicable;
(c) at least one original key from your OnGuard lock;
(d) your Registration Form, and all applicable attachments, if not previously submitted; and,
(e) your broken OnGuard lock. Your claim under the Limited Anti-Theft Program Offer cannot be evaluated and processed without the examination of the lock. It is absolutely necessary and required for you to provide the broken OnGuard lock associated with the claim or the claim will be denied.
3) After Todson, Inc. receives all the required materials listed above, Todson, Inc. will instruct you of any further steps necessary to process your claim. Todson, Inc. reserves the right to fully investigate your claim and request additional information it deems necessary to determine the validity of a claim. Todson reserves the right to deny claims that it cannot substantiate or that it deems to be false, misleading, or fraudulent. Todson, Inc. is not responsible for the cost of mainlining or any other associated costs to provide the required materials listed above.